Saturday, March 22, 2008

A Learing Experince For All


The Boy Who Ate Stars-
By: Kochka
Translated by: Sarah Adams
This book is written in the point of view of a twelve year old girl who has a neighbor named Matthew who has Autism. Lucy talks about her caring experiences with Matthew. This book explores Autism and actually teaches you about something that thousands of people are going through right now. Its has compassionate characters that are emotionally intriguing.

"Matthew wasn't like anyone I'd ever met. He could be his own planet, become his own TV channel. Being with him was like sitting in a shouting whirlwind. He was a real mystery, and one I was determined to solve."- The Boy Who Ate Stars

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I'm so excited to have found your site! I am always looking for books to give my daughter to read that will appeal to her age group. Your blog will really help. Thanks!