Friday, March 21, 2008

Author of the Week: Sarah Dessen

Sarah Dessen is wonderful writer who writes in the genre of realistic fiction. My favorite part about Sarah Dessen's writing is that her characters are so easy to connect to and lovable. I have read all but one of her books and the following is a brief overview of my four favorites. Thats not to say I didn't love the other ones because I did. All the books are recommend to teenage girls but not preteens because I think that older readers will be able to appreciate her writing style more.


The Truth About Forever-
This is the first book I ever read by Sarah Dessen. It has a classic plot almost but with a modern twist with the characters.


This Lullaby-
I think that Remy the main character goes through a lot of what your average teenage girl gos through. This book might help some girls through some hard times.



Dreamland-
Dreamland deals with an important issue that pertains to more teenage relationships than you think. Which is very sad. This book is very profound and I wouldn't be surprised if something along these lines happened to Dessen herself.




Just Listen-
This book doesn't really seem to have a plot to me. But the characters are so lovable and you care so much about them it doesn't even matter. It also shows a hard time that teenage girls are often going through; Pressure from your parents.

2 comments:

Megan said...

i love this author...i have only had time to read 'the truth about forever' but i totally love her style.

Anonymous said...

This Lullaby is the best book I've ever read. Hands down =]