Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Genre: Poetry

recommend the genre of poetry novels to anyone. Poetry novels is in an easy to read format and it's often a quick read. I haven't read many novels written in poetry. But this blog is going to take a look into two poetry novel authors; Sonya Sones and Stephanie Hemphill. I will merely put excerpts from their novels as describing them more than I already have is far to complicated.

Sonya Sones---
Sonya Sones is probably the best known teen author for poetry novels. The following books are just a few of hers.

What My Mother Doesn't Know-


"My name is Sophie.
This book is about me.
It tells the heart-stoppingly riveting story of my first love.
And also of my second.
And, okay, my third love, too.
It's not that I'm boy crazy.
It's just that even though I'm almost fifteen I've been having sort of a hard time trying to figure out the difference between love and lust.
It's like my mind and my body and my heart just don't seem to be able to agree on anything."

One of Those Hideous Books Were The Mother Dies-

"My name is Ruby.
This book is about me.

It tells the deeply hideous story of what happens when my mother dies and I'm dragged three thousand miles away from my gorgeous boyfriend, Ray, to live in L.A. with my father, who I've never even met because he's such a scumbag that he divorced my mom before I was born.
The only way I've ever even seen him is in the movies, since he's this megafamous actor who's been way too busy trying to win Oscars to even visit me once in fifteen years.
Everyone loves my father.
Everyone but me."

Stephanie Hemphill---

She may not be an uber famous author but she writes beautifully. This is the only book that I have read by her as I don't believe there are many more. I apologize but I could not locate an excerpt from this book. So you must trust me.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

another poetry book: Love That Dog by Sharon Creech
it's more children lit, but it's not that hard.